Please read this if you have time. I've thought a LOT about this and first I want to say I know I'm not perfect. This is just what I see.
To my school friends and acquaintances
We as a school represent a christian community. We are supposed to show others what Christ is all about. From what i see we do that, but only some of the time. We tend to think that as long as no one's looking, doing something against the rules is okay. Matter a fact we think it's cool and brag about it to our friends. I've been in that boat with you before and I'm not saying it applies to everyone, but i know that's how some of you are. If you claim Christ, please, not for me, for Him, do what you know is right. Have that testimony we all claim to have. Give yourself the right to have it. Be what you can for GOD!
To friends from my church
I've heard the question "what is your reason for going to church?" given many times. I'm curious about that with some of you. Last time I heard it asked the answer was " i dunno." That made me sad. It also made me think and think hard. Did I go to church for the right reason? I decided the right reason was for GOD. Not to please someone else. To please Him. To learn. I want to learn.
A note to everyone
When was the last time you prayed just because you wanted to? If you're called on in class to pray does it begrudge you? It shouldn't. Praying is one of the best gifts you've ever been given. Why, then, do we sometimes hate to do it? In one of my classes at school my teacher takes prayer requests every Monday.He has one person pray for each request. Each Monday after about the 2nd or 3rd person volunteers, the hands don't come up. We sit there in silence till some one grudgingly raises their hand. does that not make you sad? In a christian school there should be many willing to pray. Please, whether you're in a christian school, public school, or no school, please pray and be willing to pray. Want to talk to your LORD and savior. He wants to talk to you and he's always listening!
No comments:
Post a Comment